Swan is the leading education focused Bitcoin-only onramp for retail customers, high net worth individuals and corporations looking to save in Bitcoin for the long term. We hire passionate Bitcoiners who want to work with a self-motivated and fully distributed team.
Swan is looking for a senior developer to work on Swan’s mobile app, which focuses on the Bitcoiner Journey, including a lightning wallet! We’re building a Flutter based app for iOS and Android simultaneously. Knowledge of both platforms is key. Flutter experience is a huge plus, but if you’ve built on React Native, you can learn quickly. We’re looking for someone who cares about user experience. Prior experience with wallet development is not required (though a huge plus), but deep expertise with Bitcoin will be important for this role.
This is a fully remote role. Our hours and vacations are flexible. Much of the mobile team is spread across the eastern hemisphere, so some flexibility for occasional meetings to accommodate time zones is appreciated.
Skills and experience that will help you succeed:
- Senior level experience with iOS, Android, and Flutter or React Native
- Excellent communication skills, desire to own and lead a product from concept to execution.
- Solid understanding of principles of code organization and modularization.
- Have shipped at least one app to Android or iOS app stores. Show us what you’ve done!
- Desire to work in a fast paced start-up environment where you’ll have a lot of say in the product, but also lots of responsibility.
- A true passion for Bitcoin as a world-changing monetary innovation. We’re not a crypto or blockchain company. We don’t care if you’ve done any of those things in the past, but here we’re all about onboarding people into Bitcoin!
Here’s a bit about our culture:
- We’re a growing team: Fully distributed across the world, Slack and video conferencing are huge here.
- We’re very flat: Leadership is desired and encouraged; we hire people who care about the product they are working on.
- We’re Bitcoiners: We find solutions that encourage Bitcoin principles. Many of us pull double duty alongside our main job, producing content for Bitcoin newsletters, podcasts, social audio platforms, and YouTube shows, and spend some of the day on Twitter educating the masses. We love Bitcoin, and it comes through in our daily chats, meetings, and actions.
Join us, become a Swan!
To apply for this job please visit swanbitcoin.applytojob.com.