AI can replace humans, here’s how you can prepare
We live in a world where AI can replace humans.
Nearly a decade ago, a top financial institution hired me to analyze corporate financials.
It would take me 3 days to read through annual reports and write out a critique in a technical paper. ChatGPT creates financial papers in seconds.
I should be depressed, but an understanding of that job reveals there’s more to the role that cannot be easily automated.
From establishing relationships with corporate finance managers to obtaining buy-in from C-levels, the human aspects of the job cannot be replicated by AI.
AI can replace humans, but only some parts of the tasks.
In this article, The Mega Maxi teaches you how to thrive in the world of AI.
What is ChatGPT? How can AI replace humans?
To keep you up to speed, ChatGPT is an artificial intelligence language model created by Open AI.
While it’s been in development for a while, it first came into our collective consciousness in November 2022.
Since then, the AI has been growing in popularity.
The application carries out conversational requests such as research, translation, and coding among other things.
You can also talk to it like your mom or even command it to make a business plan.
I gave GPT-4 a budget of $100 and told it to make as much money as possible.
I'm acting as its human liaison, buying anything it says to.
Do you think it'll be able to make smart investments and build an online business?
Follow along 👀 pic.twitter.com/zu4nvgibiK
— Jackson Greathouse Fall (@jacksonfall) March 15, 2023
Since the release of the application, business founders have been creating revenue models around the AI hype.
Meanwhile, corporate professionals and freelancers have been worrying about being completely left out of the job market.
“The only constant in life is change.”
It’s also what humans fear the most.
To reduce that fear, you should prepare counterattacks and ways to keep yourself relavant in an ever changing world.
Upskill and reskill
I moved into a people-leading role when I developed leadership skills.
I landed a higher paying career when I learnt about emerging industries such as financial technology and digital banking.
AI will replace human jobs, but it will also create new ones that require different skills.
Let’s go back to my example of financial analyst. With the speed at which AI can process numbers, this job may be at risk of automation.
To protect your job, you could upskill by learning how to use these AI systems to tabulate the numbers and place it in a presentable format.
You could also reskill by learning coding that would enable you to work on the development and maintenance of these AI systems.
Even without the threat of artificial intelligence, you should be constantly upskilling in your career.
Focus on human skills
AI can replace humans in technical areas such as writing, coding, and drawing.
But it cannot replace creativity, empathy, and leadership. Focus on developing skills that require human interaction and emotional intelligence.
These soft skills are highly valued in many industries including Web3.
Let’s say you’re a Web3 writer, you can focus your skills around the following:
- Relationship Building – ChatGPT-proof your career by establishing connections with important people. This gets you access to exclusive interviews, latest trends and information, and career opportunities.
- Leadership – if you work in an organization, most likely you’ll be working with other people. Learn how to set a good example for others and how to set the tone for a positive working environment. This will boost the productivity of employees across the company.
- Storytelling – do you want your story to to be read by thousands and millions? Learn the art of storytelling. It’s a complex skillset that requires understanding of emotions, target audiences, and communication among other things.
By focusing on what makes us human, we further set ourselves apart from the machines.
Will AI replace humans? Sure. But we can also use it to be more productive and efficient.
Rather than view AIs as the end of humanity, treat it as a crutch to improve your life.
Let’s pretend that you’re a social media manager. Here’s how you can use AI to speed up your work:
- Language Check – English isn’t your first language? No problem. With AI tools, you can quickly overcome language barriers.
- Idea Generator – Running out of Idea? With the help of AI, social media manager Kaye Labay teaches her followers how to create 30-day content plans in 30 seconds.
- Write Emails – Nobody likes email so why spend so much time on it? ChatGPT can be your personal executive assistant and draft your emails.
Instead of fighting AI, we can embrace it’s strengths to make humans even more powerful.
Are you prepared for the rise of artificial intelligence?
Check out our guides and learn how to connect with other hoomans to increase your career success.