If you’re looking to find a Web 3 job, let this be a sign.
The Mega Maxi is taking a new approach and bringing the Web 3 resources straight to you.
In this guide, we list down the best resources to find a Web 3 job and over the next few weeks we’ll be covering in-depth guides and breakdowns on how to maximize each one.
Over the years, freelancing has picked up in the Philippines. It has provided an opportunity for Filipinos to earn income from a strong economy while living in a more modest country.
Our local talent creates profiles and apply for work on freelancing websites. Clients from the U.S. or Europe pay quite well compared to local employers. This allows freelancers to easily earn more than six digits every month!
While competition is plenty on the websites, getting those first few clients and experience can set you up for a successful freelancing career.
Freelancing Sites to Find a Web 3 Job
- Freelancer contains the largest pool of freelancers in the market. Employers and freelancers can discuss job postings via an in-house messaging platform. The website also has a mobile app version that allows parties to keep in touch on progress and work milestones.
- Fiverr experienced a boom during the Covid Pandemic. But in recent months, the rise of Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) and Web 3 has created extra demand. NFT projects often hire creative talent such as artists and story writers from the website. This is a great start to find a Web 3 job.
- Upwork, formerly called oDesk, has been in the market since 2013. In addition to posting and applying for jobs, buyers can browse through a project catalog of services. The platform also comes with a decreasing commission scale. The more a freelancer works, the less commission is paid to the platform.
- OnlineJobs.PH is a Philippine-based freelancing site with over a million profiles available. Many Filipinos have found work here as virtual assistants, project managers, and writers. The site comes with a money back guarantee for employers. If no hire is found within 30 days, it is risk free.
Interested in becoming a Web3 freelancer? Click our in-depth guide.
While job listing sites have been in existence for quite some time, the continued explosion of Web 3 has created an entirely new category. Employers need talent to fill their ranks, from smart contract engineers to community managers.
Web 3 specific sites exist to serve this gap. They set themselves apart by bringing real-time and quick job postings as they come from employers. They have also enabled greater scalability through the use of APIs.
Web 3 Job Listing Sites
- Web3.Career by far contains the most job listings by a wide margin. You can also find internships and entry-level positions. The website brings you a live feed of job listings direct from employers. In addition, you can create a profile and feature your service on the platform.
- Crypto.Jobs the platform is an international Web 3 job platform where users can create profiles and employers can attract talent. In addition to the traditional job website, Crypto.Jobs also allows companies to create and market networking events.
- BitPinas made its name by covering timely crypto news and Philippine crypto regulation updates. However, its content has expanded to include live events and Web 3 jobs. With their local connections, they’ve been able to build a directory of local Web 3 jobs.
Highlight your skills and get hired for a Web 3 job with our feature.
On The Mega Maxi, we’ve preached the importance of building networks. While applying for jobs works out for many people, there are many ways to set yourself apart. Building trust and rapport with people enhances your ability to get work.
Especially in Web 3 where the community remains small, you can easily find a Web 3 job through a referral or common connection. Networking sites also allow you to differentiate with your content.
Rather than posting just your resume and profile, you can put yourself on the top of the candidate list with a strong content game.
Top Networking Sites
- LinkedIn remains the top platform for professional networking. While most opportunities are held in the Web 2 space, Web 3 companies have also entered this arena. As of writing, there aren’t plenty of Web 3 content creators on the platform. This could be a good opportunity to find a Web 3 job.
- Twitter beats most networking sites when it comes to Web 3. Its lightning fast messaging and hype ability has cemented it as Web 3’s favorite platform. Make sure to build a presence here if you’re serious to start a Web 3 Career,
- Discord has attracted the Web 3 and NFT community with its multi-functionality of video chat rooms, games, and bots. It’s much more diverse compared to platforms such as Microsoft Teams and Slack which have been used primarily for office arrangements.
- Playground Zero allows Web 3 participants to interact and network with one another in a safe and fun manner. Brought to you by GameFi veterans – Janze de Guzman and Paolo Niccolo Santos, PGZ brings games, GameFi studios, and gamers together. Users can create profiles and interact with one another.
Learn the power of LinkedIn to find a Web 3 job with our step-by-step article.
If you’re up for old-school in-person events, then keep an eye out!
Despite the Web 3 bear market, the local industry continues to remain active. 2022 was arguably the biggest year when it came to Philippine events.
In-Person events are a great way to find a Web 3 job.
Events to Watchout For:
- Philippine Web3 Festival was the highlight festival held in November 2022. Organized by Yield Guild Games and Blockchain Space, the week-long event brought in speakers and players from all around the world. Expect this to be a recurring event.
- Att3nd is a Web 3 events company that specializes in exclusive invite-only events. Select attendees were treated to a private session with Binance and exciting networking gatherings in Bonifacio Global City.
- Draper Startup House has become the go to location for Web 3 meetups. Located in Poblacion, Makati and bustling with nightlife, it’s the perfect spot. Meetup now. Drink later. They hold a Web 3 session every Thursday called Bitcoin & Beer.
Discover how I found my Web 3 job through networking events! View it here.
As the Web 3 space continues to grow, more websites and events will come out to attract participants. Use these resources wisely to find a Web 3 job.
Check out our other guides.