W3rdle is an NFT collection that you can mint by playing word puzzles. It aims to make Web3 and NFTs as simple as possible for ordinary people to understand.
Therefore, their approach is to provide a familiar concept—playing a word puzzle game—and then seamlessly integrate the NFT minting experience with it.
W3rdle Playing Instructions
W3rdle challenges you to solve a simple word puzzle on their website. If you guess it correctly, you will have the option to own that word digitally on the blockchain, or you can continue playing and guess a different word.
For better clarification, here is the step-by-step process on how you can play W3rdle:
- Visit w3rdle.com and connect your Metamask Wallet
- Pay the mint price once and play until you solve and mint a word. (only pay gas fees when minting a word)
- Guess puzzle in 6 tries and in under 15 minutes
- You are allowed to play the game a max of 10 times in 24 hours
- All words are unique, no player can mint the same word
- Access your minted word on OpenSea
W3rdle’s first launch is set for this coming Sunday, January 29, 2023.
You can visit their website, play the game, and mint the correct word you guess for free (you only pay gas fees) if you’re whitelisted.
For more details on their minting process, you can look at this table:
|DATE & TIME||MINT PRICE|
|1st Whitelist Mint||Jan 29, 10 AM||Free Mint|
|2nd Whitelist Mint||Feb 1, 10 AM||Free Mint|
|Public Mint||Feb 3, 10 AM||Free Mint|
How To Get Whitelisted?
W3rdle has agreed to give us 15 whitelist spots, five of which we will give away tomorrow during our Town Hall session with Wes.
Are you a fan of word puzzles? 🧩
— The Mega Maxi (@themegamaxi) January 24, 2023
Moreover, the remaining 10 spots will be raffled using this link: https://whitelist.w3rdle.com/tmm-collab
The raffle link above will be drawn on Saturday, January 28 at 10 p.m. Therefore, make sure not to miss it!
Why Does This Matter?
While there is growing interest in NFTs today, an ordinary person would still find it intimidating to join the hype train. W3rdle aims to bridge that gap and make it easy for Web2 folks to explore Web3.
W3rdle aims to make understanding and appreciating Web3 fun and accessible to almost anyone. They envision this happening in two ways:
- Introducing digital collectibles and NFTs through hypercasual games that they’ll build
- Supporting community-led in-person events, such as trivia nights, that incorporate fun and game activities to educate people about Web3.
They are starting by building a community of people who love puzzles by giving them the chance to own a word as a digital collectible by solving a familiar word puzzle game.
You can read the full roadmap of W3rdle here.
There are different things you can do with the words that you collect in W3rdle. Some of which are the following:
- Run initiatives that will help educate people about Web 3 in a fun way, such as hosting trivia nights and encouraging people interested in learning about Web 3 to participate.
- Partner-driven benefits based on the words you collect – we will be funneling back benefits from partner brands, such as freebies and discounts, based on the words that you own. For example, if you own words that relate to travel or gaming, you will be the primary beneficiary of rewards from brands that are related to these.
- Monetize through physical items – we will provide the community with options to design and print items on physical goods such as shirts, jackets, mugs, etc. Proceeds will go back to the owner of the word/s used and partially to the community.
- First-in-line access to future projects – the success of this project will fund the creation of the next ones. We have plans on developing digital collectibles around popular hypercasual games that we believe will contribute to onboarding more people into Web3. Your participation in the W3rdle community helps us with this mission, and we’d like to keep you onboard with us.
About The Team
W3rdle was founded by Wesley Dela Cruz, or simply “Wes.” Wes has been a prominent figure in the Philippine startup scene, starting as an early employee in a rapidly expanding fintech startup.
After that, he has since invested in and advised other early-stage startups, many of which have gone on to raise multi-million-dollar rounds. Additionally, he co-founded Playdex, an NFT gaming rental marketplace platform.
— Wesley Dela Cruz (@wesdc) May 2, 2022
In April 2022, he co-led a $2 million fundraising round for Playdex, and through his efforts, the platform saw a 20x increase in the number of NFT assets. During this time when the market was tough, this growth helped guilds and NFT asset owners generate more revenue.
We are able to get some spicy alphas for you about W3rdle from their founder, Wes.
According to him, here are the things that you can expect from W3rdle in the next few months:
- Expect a 4- or 6-letter variation of the game within the next 2 quarters to expand the community.
- W3rdle has already partnered with several game developer houses to fulfill its vision for creating hypercasual games; the community will have first access to them.
- Stay tuned also for the IRL events, our second installment for the trivia nights coming this March. It will be hosted in partnership with Keepers bar.
- And of course: brand partnerships to help the community generate value and utility from the words.
Overall, W3rdle is an incredible project founded by incredible people. However, whether or not you want to join their vision is entirely up to you.
Therefore, don’t forget to join us tomorrow for our Town Hall session with Wes to learn more about W3rdle here.
Editors Note: This article is not financial advice. Please do your own research. Thank you!